How to build and use an effective email list to boost your book sales
“If there’s one thing all professional platform-builders agree on, it’s the importance of building your list.” – Michael Hyatt
Authors spend a tremendous amount of time and energy branding, marketing, and promoting their books. But what about book SALES? What is the best way to convert all that hard work into actual sales?
The book-promotion plan of an average author goes something like this:
- Build an online community of social media followers.
- Promote books via social media.
- Ask their fellow author friends to write reviews. If they are published traditionally, the publisher may send out advanced copies.
- Set up a blog tour to launch their book.
- Schedule book signings.
- Possibly hire a publicist to submit press releases and set up interviews.
- Post about the new book on their blog.
- And, when they write another book – repeat the entire process.
The book-promotion plan of many bestselling authors goes something like this:
- Send an email to their list.
While social media and networking are great ways to connect and build relationships, they are not the most effective sales tools. Statistics have proven that an active email-marketing list outperforms social media marketing 14:1. (Source: Social Triggers)
The purpose of this session is to teach writers and authors how to build and use an effective email-marketing list.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Set up a lead-capture system.
- Entice readers to join their list.
- Use the Know-Like-Trust principle to nurture subscribers.
- Promote books, products, and services to their list-members.
- Coordinate other promotion tactics, such as social media and blogging, with their list-building efforts.
If you are interested in booking me to present this topic to your group, please complete the form below: