Episode 28 of the Ideas to Books Podcast features an interview with health muse and nonfiction author Cheryl Meyer.
Five years ago, Cheryl Meyer got sick. Her doctor said it was in her head, but she had so much pain she couldn’t get out of bed. Thus began an odyssey that culminated in Meyer’s writing the manual she wishes she’d had when she got sick. In her award winning book It Feels Good to Feel Good: Learn to Eliminate Toxins, Reverse Inflammation and Feel Great Again, Meyer explains how she discovered she was suffering from inflammation and autoimmune disease, how she actively searched out, purged, and replaced toxins in her life, how she found the right doctor, and how she finally returned to wellness. As she regained her health, she returned to school and became a health coach to share her new knowledge with others. She comments, “I wrote this book for people with autoimmune disease and inflammation, but really, it’s for everyone. Toxins are everywhere and impacting our health, the health of our children, and the health of our earth. I would like people to eliminate the toxins now and not wait until they get sick and tired of being sick and tired.” She adds, “It’s all about toxic load. Each toxin that is eliminated is one step closer to health.” Cheryl holds a BA from the University of California Berkeley. She is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Coach and received that designation from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition©, in New York City in 2017. She is a self-employed business owner and is a member of Wellness Universe. Her book has won 7 awards to date.
About Cheryl’s Book – It Feels Good to Feel Good:
This book is for anyone with chronic pain looking for answers. It will give you a place to start. You don’t have to resign yourself to a life of pain and pills.
In this book you will learn:
* What is causing your pain and how to eliminate it.
* How to find a practitioner that will help you gain back your health.
* What’s in your food? Organic, conventional, GMOs processed, fast, canned, dairy, factory farmed meat, soy, water. Identify your sensitivities and heal your leaky gut.
* Identify the toxins in your life. in your cosmetics, over the counter drugs,in you kitchen, in your body. Learn how to purge them.
* 34 stress busting ideas, and four simple exercises to reduce your stress.
* 32 suggestions from leading functional experts on how to get a good night’s sleep..
* How to recognize a toxic relationship and make it work or walk away.
* How to tame Anxious Negative Thoughts “ANTs”.
* The importance of movement, even for people who don’t like to move
* How to take control of your health, reduce your inflammation and feel great again!
What others are saying about this book:
“If you want to truly feel better . . . clean up! Just one tip from Cheryl’s book will change your life. She has written the ultimate source for getting well through detoxification.” ~ Suzy Cohen RPh Author of Drug Muggers: Which Medications are Robbing Your Body of Essential Nutrients and How to Restore Them
“Cheryl has been not only an exemplary patient, she has made it her mission to inspire and help others with her experience and knowledge!” ~ Susan Spizer, MTCM, L.Ac.
It Feels Good to Feel Good has won multiple awards – Click HERE to view the list.
Where to purchase this book:
Connect with Cheryl:
- Facebook Page – Health Muse
- Facebook Page – It Feels Good to Feel Good
Sponsor for this episode – The Coloring Book for Writers: Scenes of Life Edition
With a little imagination, even seemingly everyday settings/situations can be developed into a fascinating story. The Coloring Books for Writers: Scenes of Life Edition is designed to help writers brainstorm ideas that can be further developed into full-fledged stories, if desired.
This coloring workbook begins with helps for brainstorming, including a proven technique for writing your story’s premise. The next section shares scene elements and gives tips on how to use a scene’s outcome to keep readers turning those pages. The remainder of the book contains 75 Story Starter mini-worksheets, each with a coordinating coloring page. The Story Starter topics in this book are, for the most part, all normal parts of life. Have fun by using the brainstorming/premise-writing concepts taught in the opening section to come up with interesting story ideas from these everyday scenes of life.