Episode 26 of the Ideas to Books Podcast features an interview with Action-Hero author Ammar Habib.
Ammar Habib is an award winning & bestselling author who presently resides in his hometown of Lake Jackson, Texas. Writing has always been a passion of Ammar’s. He enjoys crafting stories that are not only entertaining, but also have something useful to say to the reader.
Novels by Ammar include:
- Dark Guardian
- Dark Guardian: A New Dawn
- Dark Guardian: Legends
- Memories Of My Future
Interesting facts about Ammar:
- Ammar’s great-grandfather and his maternal grandmother were both writers in Pakistan.
- Ammar began writing in 2nd grade due to some inspiration from his teacher along with some inspiration he received from reading Og Mandino’s famous novel, The Choice.
- His first novel, Dark Guardian, was picked up by a traditional publisher when he was 21-years-old after the novel was rejected by a little over 300 agents/publishers. It went on to be the publisher’s 2nd highest seller in 2014, and kicked off a series.
- His second novel, Memories Of My Future, was his first novel to win an award. It received the 2017 Independent Press Award in the category of Best Inspirational Work.
- Ammar is currently branching out of the young adult/new adult fiction genre and is attempting to break into the non-fiction and graphic novel industries.
About the Dark Guardian Series, including Ammar’s newest book, Dark Guardian: Legends (Book 3):
Dark Guardian (Book 1):
For the past four years, everyone thought Ethan Daniels was dead and gone. But now he is back with a vengeance. Following the gruesome death of his adopted sister at the hands of a merciless gang, there is nothing he wants more than revenge. He can’t sleep. He can’t think. All he hears are her cries and all he sees is her death.
Ethan comes home to take on one of the world’s most notorious crime lords in his bid for revenge. Using his vast resources, advanced skills, and an arsenal of weaponry, Ethan dons the mask of a vigilante and wages a one-man-war against the crime lord’s empire. However, he doesn’t expect a reunion with Katrina, the girl he loved as a boy. After multiple reencounters with her, Ethan’s resolve begins to waver as he is forced to realize that he can’t have both love and vengeance. Retribution exacts a price while fate—well, she has plans of her own.
Dark Guardian: A New Dawn (Book 2)
Following the events of Dark Guardian, Ethan Daniels has fully embraced his alter ego of The Guardian. Ethan’s mantle has become a symbol of hope for his nation. After over two years of spearheading his mission against the crime and injustice that has ruled over Crown City for so long, his mission is finally nearing its end. It is now the final weeks of the nation’s revolution against the corrupt regime. With their backs against the wall, criminals and the corrupt establishment fight harder than ever, forcing a worn out Ethan to stretch thin.
But every burden takes its toll. The more that Ethan wages his war on countless fronts, the more he begins to lose himself to it. However, unbeknownst to Ethan everything is not as it seems. From the shadows, a darker game is afoot that threatens to destroy everything Ethan holds dear.
Dark Guardian: Legends (Book 3)
After the events of DARK GUARDIAN: A NEW DAWN, the world is changing. Following his deadly battle with Vixen’s army, Ethan Daniels was ousted as The Guardian and has temporarily passed the vigilante’s mantle to William. Ethan now hunts down his creator and the monster of his nightmares: Daken. In his quest, Ethan will travel to nearly every corner of the globe and is led from one vicious encounter to the next. Meanwhile, William is confronted with problems of his own in Crown City as an assassin arrives to unsettle the peace Ethan and William fought so hard to establish.
However, unknown to Ethan and William, all their efforts are playing right into the hands of Daken. The monster’s endgame is here at last. The fate of the world hangs in the balance, and the only one with the power to stop it is The Guardian. One way or another, Ethan’s journey will meet its end as he finally comes face-to-face with his destiny. Heroes will rise to legends as The Guardian charges into the greatest battle he will ever face.
Where to purchase Ammar’s books:
Connect with Ammar:
- Author Website: www.ammarahsenhabib.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ammarahsenhabib
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmmarAHabib1 @AmmarAHabib1
- Blog: www.ammarhabibblog.wordpress.com
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/Ammar_Habib
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/ammar.a.habib/ @Ammar.A.Habib
Sponsor for this episode – The Coloring Book for Writers: Coffee Lover’s Edition
The Coloring Book for Writers: Coffee Lover’s Edition contains household tips for using coffee, quotes for coffee lover’s, profiles of some of the world’s best-known coffee-loving authors, health facts about coffee, coffee quizzes, and, of course, coffee-themed coloring pages. It’s over 100 pages of coffee-loving fun and makes the perfect gift for the writer or coffee lover in your life!